Methicillin suppliers?

Nigel Kenward mbxnjk at vax.nott.ac.uk
Fri Mar 14 03:34:43 EST 1997

Hi,
We had this problem only the other week. We tried Sigma, Aldrich and ICN
but no joy. Apparently there is such aa public health problem from
Methicillin resistant Staph. Aureus (MRSA) in particular in hospitals,
that it is now only given as an antibiotic under very strict controls
therefore they are trying to limit the amount floating around  in labs
so that  the resistance problem gets no worse.
I realise this doesn't help you,,but at least you know why now !
Nige
--
|\   |  |  /    \   /     |         NIGEL KENWARD,
| \  |  | |   ___  |__    |         Dept. Biochemistry,
|  \ |  | |     |  |      |         Nottingham University Medical
School.