precipitating nucleotide protocol

Sean Rollins rollins.24 at postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu
Sun Mar 16 11:20:06 EST 1997

 I'm trying to synthesize 4 thio UTP and I'm losing my sample at the
precipitation step.  The protocol I have contains 20mM ATP and 10mM
4 thio UDP in 100ul and the phosphate is transfered.  This is brought up to
500ul with 300mM sodium acetate and 0.1% SDS and precipitated with an equal
volume of 1:1 ethanol/acetone.  I've checked my reaction by HPLC and I'm
losing my sample at the precipitation step.  No details are given on this
precipitation step (time, temp and spin conditions).  If anyone has any advice
or any 4 thio UTP for a possitive control it would be appreciated.
				Thank you
				Sean Rollins
				Rollins.24 at osu.edu