4% Agar?

Rolf Marteijn rolf at lx.student.wau.nl
Mon Mar 17 13:45:44 EST 1997

Wolfgang Schechinger wrote:
> How do you remove pressure from your autoclave? Do it as slow as
> possible (In physical terms, the pressure in your autoclav must not
> be lower than the steam pressure of your liquid at it's actual
> temperature (correct me if I'm wrong), otherwise your agar will boil)

The way to get this problem solved is having the autoclave cool down
completely to RT without removing the pressure (if this is possible).
There is another compound which also gives this problem (may even fly
through the lab), methylcellulose, and having it cool down and
depressurize in the autoclave.

Suc6,

Rolf