HELP! sequencing gel problem

s.pritchard mmd280 at sysc.abdn.ac.uk
Tue Mar 18 11:36:37 EST 1997

Hello

I have been running CA dinucleotide repeat PCR's on standard denaturing PA gels
( Standard sequencing gel with no formamide).The gels are 8% and run
fine.However when I come to take them off the plates split normally but the gel
will not stick to the filter paper even after fixing.I have been told that this
can be a problem with really high % PA gels ,but I didnt think that 8% was all
that high.Has anyone got any ideas as I keep losing my gels.I am trying 6% gels
at the moment but for some of the CA repeats I am using I would prefer 8% or
higher
thanks in advance

Stuart Pritchard

mmd280 at abdn.ac.uk