HELP! sequencing gel problem

Donald Johnston DJ.50 at worldnet.att.net
Wed Mar 19 18:14:59 EST 1997

Whatman number one won't immediately adhere to sequencing gels.  Give it
some time, and lay some weights on the glass plate before trying to peel
off the gel onto the paper.  If there is xylene cyanol in the gel, wait
until you can see the dye penetrating the paper. It will peel off without
problem if you give it ten or twenty minutes to adhere.

> I have been running CA dinucleotide repeat PCR's on standard denaturing
PA gels