IgG conc in ascites?

Wed Mar 19 17:11:18 EST 1997

At 20:17 3/19/97 GMT, D. Pearton wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Can anyone tell me the concentration (average and/or range) of IgG in
>mouse ascites fluid?

Hi:

I once check a while back in grad school on two mice that I was working
with.  I used a IRMA for quantitation and one mouse was 12 mg/ml and the
other 15mg/ml.  It was part of a purification table so the next step for me
was determining what amount was actually produced from my hybrid.  This
turned out to be about 1.5 mg/ml, so the mouse (Balb/c) contributed quite a
bit.

To get around that, you might consider using SCID mice.  With no effective
B cell compartment, almost all the Ig produced in ascites is usually your
favorite antibody.  But first you may have to "chum up" to someone working
with SCID mice that would let you have a couple, with accomodations of
course...

Hope this helps,
David

 David L. Haviland, Ph.D.