Immunoglobulin chimera between Heavy chain and protein

Jennifer Lyon jennyann at ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 19 10:24:10 EST 1997

In <332EF994.70BF at po.cwru.edu> @po.cwru.edu at celeste.INS.CWRU.Edu
writes:

>I am trying to fuse a protein I am interested in(everything is
>interesting, n'est pas? ) onto the end of the Fc portion of IgG in
>hopes of expressing the chimera.  Is there a commerical vector
>available that I can use to insert my protein to replace the binding
>domain of the immunoglobulin chain with my protein product.

The pIG and Signal pIG vectors from R&D Systems Europe should do that
for you. These vectors contain the Fc region of a human IgG designed to
be fused to the 3' end of an inserted target gene, and can be used to
produce the recombinant protein in mammalian cell culture from a CMV
promoter. The vectors are also presently available from Novagen, Inc.
in the US.

-Jennifer Lyon
(affiliated w/ Novagen, Inc.)
http://www.novagen.com
800-207-0144
601 Science Dr.
Madison, WI 53711
JennyAnn at ix.netcom.com                  Jenni10647 at AOL.com
http://members.aol.com/XFWRITER/magicweb.htm
"I'm in charge of finding myself and I make sure it never happens."
Methos  in  Highlander - "Methos"                                PWFC