Peroxidase-based chemiluminescence - best choice?

eric anderson e-anderson at ski.mskcc.org
Wed Mar 19 09:34:19 EST 1997

In article <5gmucf$cpo at news.doit.wisc.edu>, klenchin at facstaff.wisc.edu
(Dima Klenchin) wrote:
Dima,

i have used both the Amersham ECL kit and the Western Light kit from
Tropix.  in both labs i've been in, the Amersham kit was used more or less
without fail.  all of the labs on this floor use that particular kit as
well.  If you need really high sensitivity, the Tropix kit is great but
beware of high background.  we ended up using that kit only for instances
where the Anmersham kit wasn't sensitive enough. (i.e. with cross-reacting
primary antibodies from wildly different species, in our case, an Ab
raised against Candida albicans used on C. elegans).

good luck,

eric

--
Eric C. Anderson