Seeking explanation on transformation results

Yuanxiang Zhou y-zhou at RSGIS4.TAMU.EDU
Fri Mar 21 12:29:28 EST 1997

Doing molecular analysis of R1 and R2 plants derived from R0 which
survived antibiotic selection after Agrobacterium-mediated
transformation, we detected GUS positive with histo-staining, PCR
positive with primers amplifying GUS and selection marker.  But we did
not get Southern positive.  Moreover, those showed positive with
histochemical assay also showed PCR bands when amplifying VirG, which is
not in the binary vector.  Can anyone give any explanation?