E. coli strain MC1061/p3

Ian A. York iayork at panix.com
Fri Mar 21 10:48:53 EST 1997

In article <Pine.SOL.3.95.970320114751.22556A-100000 at ascc.artsci.wustl.edu>,
John Richard Seavitt  <jrseavit at artsci.wustl.edu> wrote:

>On 18 Mar 1997, Woong Choi,M.D. wrote:
>
>> Is there anybody who can provide me an E.coli strain MC1061/p3.
>
>MC1061/p3 can be obtained from Invitrogen.  The P3 episome has a tendency

It can also be obtained from Clontech, and Clontech's electrocompetent
MC1061/P3 were considerably more efficient in my hands.  Someone else
(BRL?) makes a different P3-containing bug, I think DH10alpha; I tried
them once and found that they grew much more slowly than MC1061/P3, which
on the timetable I was using was inconvenient, but they may be worth a
look as well.

No affiliation with any companies.

Ian