preferential amplification by proofreading Taq ???

ed ed at bio02.bio.uottawa.ca
Sat Mar 22 14:50:44 EST 1997

thanks to all who've replied...this is crazy but here's what's happened
since :

I set up some duplicate reactions using both Taq and TAKARA Taq, and this
PCR seems a little on the iffy side. Whereas before only Taq worked, this
time one out of two Taq reactions amplified the sequence of interest, and
surprisingly (perhaps because of some cosmic realignment of nebulae far,
far away), both TAKARA reactions amplified the sequence of interest. The
stuff is getting cloned as we speak...

ah, nothing like experiments that you can't replicate...

Ed