Pvu II partial digest conditions needed

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 24 10:57:11 EST 1997

In article <obrien-2303971742090001 at brass6.med.upenn.edu>, ":-Peter"
<obrien at pharm.med.upenn.edu> writes
>Pvu II has STAR activity (per the NEB catalog), so I'm afraid to encourage
>low Pvu II activity with high DNA concentrations, using the wrong buffer
>to reduce activity etc.  All I can think to do is to do the digest at room
>temp or colder.  to get enough DNA to play with.

Star activity is the other way high enzyme, low DNA ie a very high
overdigest. Don't forget that Nae is very site selective on colE1 based
plasmids ie some sites cut 50 x slower than others. There is a 'Turbo'
version of Nae that gets around this I think from Promega.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.