RT-PCR on formalin fixed paraffin sections

hcorbett at garnet.berkeley.edu hcorbett at garnet.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 24 06:01:28 EST 1997

Is it absolutely impossible for you to cut new sections? I'v e only
ever heard of RT-PCR being done on cryostat sections. Actually I mean
PCR-based in situ hybridization.  If you just want presence of signal,
why not give it a sho t just mechanically scraping off the section? This
is what one does to wokr out the kinks when doing in situ PCR. But if
you want to work in situ, apparentl the trickiest thing is to work out
the length and type of fixation. How are your sections stained already
without having been deparaffinated? And if they are, were your stains
completely RNAse free? Could you cut new *paraffin* sections, ad stain
afterward? Please excuse me if I missed the point altogether.

Heather