Chemiluminescence and Phosphoimager

Alexander Kraev kraev at bc.biol.ethz.ch
Mon Mar 24 05:47:39 EST 1997

In article <333458A2.4708 at pop.pitt.edu>, akhst7+ at pitt.edu wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Does anybody know if any of the phosphoimagers on the market can read
> chemilunimescence signal ?  If so, please post, or send me a mail.
> Thnaks in advance !!

There is a true phosphorimager (because it also images phosphorus) from
Bio Rad, which detects chemiluminescence with dedicated screens.
However, Boehringer has just started marketing a lumiimager, based on a
CCD camera principle (not scanning as both Molecular
Dynamics and BioRad machines are) and  an F/0.9 lens, which takes a
picture of a luminescent object like a regular stationery camera.  In contrast,
MD imagers are based on direct chemifluorescence scanning principle,
which requres conversion of chemiluminescence protocols into
chemifluorescence ones.

I hope this helps,

--
Alexander Kraev, PhD