DNA fingerprinting mismatch

icas at sympatico.ca icas at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 24 18:33:58 EST 1997

     I would appreciate any help that anyone could give me on mismatches
in the DNA fingerprint obtained from different cells in the body.  I am
researching Andrei Chikatilo for a Molecular Biology project.  Apparently,
the DNA fingerprint obtained from his semen left at the murder scene did
not match the DNA fingerprint obtained from his blood.  How does this
occur?  I am familiar with the methods of DNA fingerprinting.  Any
references would also be very helpful. Thank you.

Sarah Ledwidge
icas at sympatico.ca