Fluorescent nuclear stains

Martin Ligr martin.ligr at po.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Mar 25 04:11:44 EST 1997

Hello:
I am currently using DAPI to visualize yeast nuclei, but the signal from
nucleus is often obscured by strong signal from mitochondria. So I am
thinking about using Hoechst 33258 or 33342. Could someone give me some
info what is the difference between these two and how do they compare to
DAPI? And is there any nucleus specific stain at all?
Thanks,
Martin Ligr

P.S.: Please respond by email if possible, our news server has a rather
erratic performance. If there is enough interest in this topic, I will
post a summary.

-----
Martin Ligr
Institut fuer Biochemie