Q: solublility of CsCl in EtOH and iPropOH? (recovery of plasmid

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Mar 25 12:30:26 EST 1997

--MimeMultipartBoundary

Hi all.

Probbly I had made a mistake in the gradient step of my maxipreps. (I
got no distinct band, but a EtBr color gradient, decreasing from top)
Now I want to recover the plasmids. The soluition contains
1mg/ml EtBr, 1g/ml cesium chloride, all in TE buffer (10 ml overall).
I'm thinking of a precipitation w/ ethanol or isopropanol. Will I
prec out the cesium chloride, too? What could be the reason of the
observed phenomenon?

Any suggestions are welcome!

please respond via email, too, when posting.

Wolfgang
---------!all possible disclaimers apply!-----------

Wolfgang Schechinger
University of Tuebingen