[Q] DNA elution from agarose gel

Paul N Hengen pnh at ncifcrf.gov
Tue Mar 25 12:04:04 EST 1997

snip %<----------

> I have a question. Where is the step to remove EtBr?

There isn't any. What are you planning to do with the DNA?

> Is there anyone who knows the way to remove EtBr after
> syringe filtration or other efficient DNA purification methods?

Sure. Add an equal volume of isoamyl alcohol or isopropanol, flick
the tube and spin 1 min. in the mini-fuge. Remove the alcohol by pipetting.
See the TIBS article at ftp://ftp.ncifcrf.gov/pub/methods/TIBS/sep94.txt
for a review of pros and cons for other techniques.

@article{Hengen1994Septibs,
author = "P. N. Hengen",
title = "Methods and reagents - Recovering {DNA} from agarose gels",
volume = "19",
number = "9",
pages = "388-389",
month = "sep",