In vitro transcription/translation

Rafael Maldonado rafael at howard.genetics.utah.edu
Tue Mar 25 17:25:13 EST 1997

On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, Bresagen wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> We want to test our bacterial expression constructs with an in vitro
> transcription/.translation kit. However all of the commercial kits we
> have seen are designed for T7, T3 or SP6 RNA Polymerase and we want to
> test the whole construct, not put our insert into another vector to
> test.

Any prokaryotic transcription/translation system will work, if you
replace the phage polymerase with the E. coli polymerase. You can choose
extract with no T7 polymerase added, so the only polymerase present will
 the bacterial one. This kind of extract is sold by Promega. Other
extracts will require the addition of the given polymerase, so the
replacement is also easy; or you do not need to add any polymerase at
all, since it will be in the extract.

Not relation with Promega.

Rafa>

Rafael Maldonado                             | 'No te creas todo
room 6160 Eccles Institute of Human Genetics |  lo que leas en
Department of Human Genetics		     |  internet.'
University of Utah			     |
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112. USA.	     |  "Don't believe
Rafael.Maldonado at genetics.utah.edu           |  everything you read
Rafael at howard.genetics.utah.edu	             |  in internet."
Tel: 801-581-4429			     |
Fax: 801-585-3910			     |