What is a "trypsinizing flask"?

Richard Van Frank vanfrank at iquest.net
Wed Mar 26 16:27:13 EST 1997

In article <13B68410D8 at t-bone.animal.ufl.edu>,
   PORTER at animal.ufl.edu ("Michael B. Porter") wrote:
>I am learning a technique for pituitary cell dispersion and the 
>references mention the use of a "trypsinizing flask". I am not sure 
>if this refers to a special type of flask or a flask treated with 
>trypsin.  I would appreciate any information which may clarify this 
>point. Thanks.
>Michael Porter
>University of Florida
It is a round bottom flask with a frit in the bottom to allow the passage of 
cells as they are released from the tissue chunks by the trypsin.

More information about the Methods mailing list