Oligo Vital Stats
cy at pobox.com
Thu Mar 27 19:50:24 EST 1997
Announcing the Rebirth of Oligonucleotide Vital Statistics
The Oligonucleotide Vital Statistics page reports the "vital statistics" of
a given oligonucleotide sequence.
* percentage GC content
* molecular mass, and melting point
In addition, you are also given several useful conversions:
* the molarity corresponding to one OD unit
* the concentration corresponding to one OD unit
* the molarity corresponding to 1 mg/ml concentration
The melting point is determined by the "4 x GC + 2 x AT" method of Itakura
et al. (1984), or ther method of Bolton and McCarthy (1962).
Useful applications for this page include:
* determining cycling parameters for PCR
* determining an appropriate temperatures for hybridisations
* determining molarity and concentration from
You can easily copy and paste from other applications. Linefeeds, tabs,
carriage returns and spaces are automatically removed. It's very fast, too.
Netscape 2.0 and 3.0 users will even be able to enter a "dummy" sequence for
Interested? Have a look at...
Chong-Yee cy at pobox.com
More information about the Methods