dissolving of RNA

Paul A Bucciaglia bucci001 at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Fri Mar 28 14:43:43 EST 1997

I missed the original post and did not catch which organism the RNA is
being extracted from, but at least with plants another alternative exists
besides over-drying the pellet--the RNA is contaminated with phenolics and
carbohydrates.  And not just contaminated; often they are covalently
linked to the nucleic acids.  There are publisshed protocols which can
overcome this; if anyone is interested I'll post them.

Paul Bucciaglia