H. simplex TK cDNA wanted

Jurgen Seppen seppen at u.washington.edu
Fri Mar 28 14:07:39 EST 1997

Hello fellow molbio's,

After waisting my time with two different vectors supposedly
containing the Herpes simplex thymidine kinase gene, I decided to post a
desparate request. Can somebody provide me with a functional Herpes
simplex thymidine kinase cDNA?
For the interested; the first cDNA I tried was inactive, and after
sequencing  I found that it contained a lot of mutations. The second
vector I obtained did not even contain any sequence remotely related to
the TK cDNA.
The TK gene is widely used, so if you have a vector which contains an
easily removable TK gene, and if you know that this gene is functional,
please send me an email.
I will be eternally greatful.

Jurgen Seppen

SEPPEN at U.WASHINGTON.EDU