Epitope Tagging Questions...

Simon Twigger simont at post.its.mcw.edu
Fri Mar 28 13:20:42 EST 1997

Hi there,

We would like to epitope tag our protein and Im trying to find out a bit
more about the pros and cons of different tags. At the moment we are
looking at the myc tag as it is small, ca. 10 residues, and there are
commercially available antibodies for it. However these antibodies are
rather pricy (ca. $200 for 100ug from Calbiochem or Pharmingen). I have
tried to find information on HA tags but Im having trouble finding the
epitope sequence and I can find noone selling antisera for it in our
catalogues.

Does anyone know of a cheaper source of anti-C-myc antibodies?

Can anyone point me to more information on the HA epitope/antibodies?

Are there any other tags people would recommend (we dont really want to
use a His tag)?

Also, any words of wisdom on epitope tagging in general would be most
appreciated. :)

	Thanks in advance for any help with this.

	Simon.

Simon Twigger,
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee.
simont at post.its.mcw.edu