antibody purification

r.l.bates bch140 at sysa.abdn.ac.uk
Fri Mar 28 10:58:16 EST 1997

Does anyone have a method for removing non-specific antibodies from a polylonal?

Would a simple precipitation followed by a spin to remove precipitate work or
how about a large scale ELISA type binding (Fix the non-specific antigen to a
dish and bind the serum to it) ?

The BIG problem is that the serum is quite non-specific as we haven't been able
to more than partially purify the protein we raised it to, which also tends to
associate with serum albumin. So there are likely to be very few specific
antibodies in there.

R.L.Bates