Minéral Oil - PCR

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 31 12:42:52 EST 1997

In article <5he8i5$1213 at ncisun1-nf0.ncifcrf.gov>, Paul N Hengen
<pnh at ncifcrf.gov> writes
>Dr. Duncan Clark (duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk) wrote:
>
>> I leave this oil since one
>> month under a laminar hood, with UV exposition every night.
>
>| Mineral oil can go off and the UV is the likely source. I think this or
>| something similar has been reported either in Biotechniques or NAR.
>
>Duncan:
>
>Can you please post this reference?

Sorry Paul,

I wish I knew what it was but I have definitely seen something about
mineral oil going off. We still have a couple of PCR machines without a
hot lid and the mineral oil we use is Sigma Cat. No. M5904. The main
stock bottle is at least a couple of years old but is still OK and we
actually autoclave 30ml at a time when required.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.