Overhang A of PCR

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Thu May 1 03:27:50 EST 1997

In article <199704291842.LAA03313 at fraser>, Jun-Zhi Wei <jwei at sfu.ca>
writes
>How about the ULTRA THERM Thermophilic DNA polymerase from Clontech?

I've not heard of a Clontech one of this name here in the UK. What is
the bug it is isolated from? If it is Thermus then it will behave in a
similar fashion to the other Thermus pols I listed ie an A overhang. If
it is an archael strain then it will be similar to Pfu, Vent etc

I have had several emails about the list I posted and if people are
interested I am quite happy to collate a list of all pols available. I
can only do this if I'm emailed with omissions. If Paul Hengen is
agreeable then maybe this can be added to the FAQ.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.