amounts of RNA in human tissues?

Bruce W. Ritchings britchings at ucsd.edu
Thu May 1 10:11:15 EST 1997

Hi Folks,
	Straightforward question: If I isolate total RNA from different human
tissues, how much RNA (in ug) should I expect to be able to recover? I'm
sure there's a table of this somewhere, but I can't find one. The Red
Book (Current Protocols) has a little info on cultured cells, but that's
not what I need. The two tissues I definitely need to know about are
cancerous prostate and non-cancerous prostate, but I'll also need a few
others for reference, such as muscle, heart, brain. Can anyone point me
in the right direction? Thanks, Bruce
britchings at ucsd.edu