Clontech library problem

Robert Chapman ZVSJ30A at prodigy.com
Sat May 3 18:17:42 EST 1997

I've tried using Clontech libraries in the past. I forget the vector. In
any case we wasted a couple years trying to accomodate the miserable copy
number and resultingly poor signal/noise of the colony blots. After many
attempts to get nonpatronizing tech support we eventually learned that
the vector they put them into was no good and had been discontinued. I've
also sequenced and restriction mapped clontech vectors only to find they
don't match the sequence or map provided. So you should expect odd
results to be the norm when using Clontech