Shearing DNA

ed s535290 at aix1.uottawa.ca
Mon May 5 16:31:56 EST 1997

Ian,

why don't you try nebulizing the DNA ?  someone in this department uses
nebulization very frequently and has his system finely tuned to generate a
median fragment size of about 3 Kb. He uses it for making shotgun
libraries for large scale sequencing. If you are interested, drop me a
line and I can pass this person's e-mail address to you. The procedure is
so foolproof that we used it on an undergraduate molecular biology lab :)

cheers,

Ed