Chloramphenicol plasmid amplification.

Stuart Rison stuart at ludwig.ucl.ac.uk
Wed May 7 04:44:14 EST 1997

I'm trying to get a decent yield of pACYC177.  By all accounts,
chloramphenicol-amplification seems the way ahead but I'm not sure about the
protocol.

Is it grow the cells with the selectable marker (in this case Amp) to a
decent level and then bang in some chloramphenicol at app. 50ug/ml or is it
grow the cells with both the chloramphenicol and the selectable marker from
scratch... or did I get it all wrong?

Cheers,

Stuart.

| Stuart Rison            | Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research |
| Tel. (0171) 878 4127    | Courtauld Building                   |
| Fax. (0171) 878 4040    | 91 Riding House Street               |