Digitizer Tablets...

Rory O'Brien. Biotechnology. ROBRIEN at ollamh.ucd.ie
Wed May 7 12:45:48 EST 1997

Hi All,
I would like to use a digitizer tablet/electronic pen to input data
from autorads into gel analysis software. I have experimented with
scanned images of autorads and various software packages for band
selection and, whilst these will deal with perfect autorads, even
slight background can cause problems with automated band selection. I am
resigned to picking bands manually and would like to use a
combination of digitizer pad and database software. Ideally, I would
like to be able to pick my molecular ladders and sample bands and
have everything converted to molecular weights suitable for inputting
into a database. Does anybody out there use such a system ? Can you
recommend a pad/software combination ?
Thoughts and comments please.

- Rory

Rory O'Brien.
National Agricultural and Veterinary Biotechnology Centre,
University College Dublin,
Belfield, Dublin 4.
IRELAND

Ph: +353 (1) 7062815