Thermal printers

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed May 7 12:20:38 EST 1997

Michael,

You should get a thermal printer through almost any better computer
and or foto store. They should be 1Kbucks or less. It just
needs a standard video input. Try to find a radio technician to ask
her for details on that. As far as I know, there are several brands
on the market, they come out of the range of video and photographic
suppliers, as e.g hitachi, kodak, toshiba and so.

Another idea would be buying a frame grabber card (should be
included in those new TV tuner cards for PCs -and Macs ? - for maybe
$250 or less). Important is an extra video signal input for the
CCD camera. Then you could be able to store and analyze your photos
directly on your computer or print them out with a laser or ink jet
printer.

you might find additional info on

http://ddsdx.uthscsa.edu/dig/sites.html
or
http://www.imaging.de/
(no affilations)
Good luck!

Wolfgang

> Hi, I am looking to build a gel documentation system and noted that
> a new type of thermal printer is available which doesn't use paper
> but some sort of thermal sensitive plastic. The longevity of the
> prints is better than paper according to the Pharmacia sales rep.
> But I do not want to spend $10,000 for the system and could piece
> together a system for a fraction of the cost. Yet I would need a
> stand alone printer. Does any one know where I might get such thing?
> -- Dr. Michael B Cooley Waksman Institute Rutgers University
> Piscataway, NJ 08855
>
> 908-445-3802
> FAX 908-445-5735
> Email cooley at mbcl.rutgers.edu

---------!all possible disclaimers apply!-------------------------------

Wolfgang Schechinger         ***You have died! press escape to continue.
University of Tuebingen
email: wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de

http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/research.htm

public PGP key is avilable on request