What is pMB9

Dom Spinella dspinella at chugaibio.com
Wed May 7 10:11:52 EST 1997

Takashi Umeyama writes:

> Does anyone know the information about E. coli plasmid pMB9? Copy
> number, marker, replicon, etc....

pMB9is a 5.3 kb relaxed plasmid (ColE1, pMB1 replicon) with a
tetracycline resistance marker. It has unique EcoR1, HpaI, and SmaI
sites outside the Tc gene, and unique HindIII, BamH1 and SalI sites
within the Tc gene. I've never used it for any cloning, and I've not
seen it widely used.  For a reference, see Rodriguez, Bolivar, Goodman,
Boyer and Betlach in: "Molecular mechanisms in the control of gene
expression"; Neirlich, Rutter and Fox, Eds.; Academic Press (1976).
Cheers. -- D.G. Spinella