help in doing yeast transformations !!!

S.L. Rennie rennie at bldghsc.lan1.umanitoba.ca
Thu May 8 13:36:30 EST 1997

In article <jacobs-0505970619490001 at usr1ip52.azstarnet.com>,
jacobs at azstarnet.com (John S Jacobs Anderson) wrote:

> Ed--
>
> Check out the very informative (and not-at-all retentive) Yeast
> Transformation Home Page at
>
> <http://www.umanitoba.ca/faculties/medicine/human_genetics/gietz/Trafo.html>
>
> These guys (quite literally) wrote the book on yeast transformations...
>
> John
> John S. J. Anderson                 http://www.azstarnet.com/~jacobs
> Grad Student, MCB Dep¹t, U. of Az.       mailto:jacobs at azstarnet.com
> My computer is so powerful that it does a infinite loop in 6 seconds!

THANKS JOHN
   My boss now has a smile on his face.

Further to the question, for VERY high effieciency trafo's all sorts of things
are important, from the exactness of the PEG solution to the LiAc treatment and
yes the quality of the carrier DNA.....also you'll need enough DNA to do the
trafo with (amazingly a common problem for people)

Dan doesn't always check his e-mail (work avoidance) so feel free to contact me
directly if the web site doesn't answer any question you have to your
satisfaction.  rennie at bldghsc.lan1.umanitoba.ca

Sincerely
Sharon
Lab Manager for