His-tagged proteins

Jared Head bijgh at zeus.bris.ac.uk
Fri May 9 05:19:23 EST 1997

Cara Baker (crbaker at mail.tcd.ie) wrote:

: Has anyone had experience with his-tagged proteins that precipitate
: immediately on elution with imidazole? Is there a way to get around
: this?

I've had the same problem; my protein precipitates when I dialyse away the
imidazole.  I've found that if I elute the protein by stripping the column
(with EDTA) I get no precipitation at all.

Jared

--
Jared Head     at the Department of Biochemistry, University of Bristol

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human
     history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."
                                                   Mitch Ratliffe