Miniprep method

Brett Beitzel bbeitzel at jeeves.ucsd.edu
Wed May 14 09:27:41 EST 1997

There is a method that was in biotechniques within the last couple of
years called the "speed prep," which basically involved resuspending the
bacterial pellet in a LiCl containing buffer and doing a phenol
extraction.  I've tried it a couple of times without much success, but
maybe its just me.

Brett Beitzel
bbeitzel at jeeves.ucsd.edu

In article <jmejia-1305971753430001 at larin1.imm.ox.ac.uk>,
jmejia at worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk (Jose E. Mejia) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for protocols or kits fo plasmid minipreps that do not
> involve denaturation of DNA, i.e. neither alkaline nor boiling lysis. If
> anyone knows about any such methods, please drop me a line.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> J.E. Mejia
>
> Institute of Molecular Medicine
> John Radcliffe Hospital