Making of Blunt ends

Claus Rodemer c.rodemer at
Wed May 14 05:27:39 EST 1997

Hi all,
which is the best way to make blunt ends ? I have cut  the DNA with a enzym
that  makes 3' protruding ends and I want to make blunt ends out of it.

Is Klenow Ok, or T4 DNA-Pol ?  Or is it possible with S1 Nuclease,too?

Another thing:
I tested a cloning kit, and with this kit there is a "polishing reaction"
provided (cloned Pfu Pol) .The manual said that this makes blunt ends ,too.
Well I am still testing ... anybody knows something about this ?

Claus Rodemer  German Cancer Research Center  INF 280
Div.Biophysics of Macromolecules  AG. Gene Regulation and DNA Topology
D-69120 Heidelberg  E-Mail: C.Rodemer at