BiooRad precast IEF gels?

Ian A. York iayork at panix.com
Thu May 15 16:29:40 EST 1997

In article <337B7996.3CE5 at slu.edu>,
Darren Tyson  <tysondr_no_spam at slu.edu> wrote:

>I'm planning on doing some isoelectric focusing (specifically tryptic
>phosphopeptide mapping) and noticed an ad for precast gels from BioRad.

I've never tried them.  When I was being shown how to do IEF, I asked
about them; the lab (which turns out very nice IEF) had harsh words for
the concept.  I can't remember all the reasons he didn't like them, but I
*think* he said that the pre-cast ones had no denaturant, because
otherwise they wouldn't store well.

Ian