number of biotins on a biotinylated-IgG?

Austin Seo austin at interchange.ubc.ca
Mon May 19 02:22:56 EST 1997

You cannot control the exact moles of biotin molecules per mole of
protein becuase of the nature of the derivatization reaction. It will
always be a distribution.

All companies will admit that they really don't know, and can only
provide estimates.

Maybe you could do dot-blots on known concentrations of biotin on a
strip of nitrocellulose?

Austin Seo (Hae-Jin)

Kinsmen Lab
Dept. Psychiatry