What is the best way to isolate mRNA from plant tissues???

Avalon wchick at hkucc.hku.hk
Mon May 19 14:33:25 EST 1997

I have encountered problem in isolation of good mRNA from mungbean
hypocotyls. I have tried acid guanidium thiocynate phenol chloroform
and CsCl ultracentrifugation methods. They give me mRNA that could not
be reverse transcribed to cDNA. I wonder what made this happen. Is
there any precaution in purify plant mRNA? Are secondary structures in
mRNA often occur in plant? Could anyone help me? Any suggestion will
be appreciated.

Please email me or post in the newsgroup