RNA gels

Roger Willcocks r.willcocks at auckland.ac.nz
Mon May 19 18:15:05 EST 1997

Please mail replies to <r.willcocks at auckland.ac.nz> as I'm
unlikely to be able to check this newsgroup frequently.  I'm
doing my Master's thesis at the moment and part of it requires
RNA extraction.  I've been told that there is a simple way to
run an aliquot on an agarose gel to check the quality of the sample
but I'm having problems with rapid degradation or loss of signal
once the gel is run even though the tank/buffer etc have all been
treated according to the method described for the extraction kit.

Could someone please send me a buffer or other protocol that might be
able to help me.

TIA
Roger Willcocks