Northerns - cDNA lib. screening.

VASANTHARAJAN JANAKIRAMAN vasant at cc.UManitoba.CA
Tue May 20 08:47:26 EST 1997

Hi netters,

Iam involved in the characterization of expression of genes,
coding for phenylpropanoid pathway enzymes in pathogen inoculated system
- in resistant vs susceptible plants.
When I did the Northerns 2 of my probes gave very faint signals. Further
upon a colleague's suggestion I intend to construct a cDNA library and
screen the lib. with the same probes.
If the probes gave very faint signals on hybridisation, what may be the
possibility of picking up positive clones upon screening teh lib. with
the same probes?
Any suggestions/advice welcome in this regard.
Thanks in advance.
bye
Vasanth.