Request: E.coli Plasmid with non-ColE1 origin

Ashok Aiyar aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu
Tue May 20 22:24:12 EST 1997

I am looking for an E. coli plasmid with the following features:

a) non-ColE1 origin
b) sequence of some or most of the plasmid must be available, or I
   should be able to assemble it from references
c) > 1 copy/cell (copy number is not critical, the higher the better).
d) selectable marker
e) one or more unique restriction sites
f) reasonable size (i.e. < 10 kb would be terrific).

If you know of a plasmid that generally meets these requirements,
particularly "a" & "b", could you point me to a source and