Digesting lambda prep

Mart Speek mspeek at tamm.eenet.ee
Wed May 21 13:15:55 EST 1997

: Mario Pineda wrote:
: > I have done various phage preps in an EMBL3A Library and have yet to be
: > able to cut my insert out of the phage.

: In my experience, the golden rule is to always use liquid lysates!
: There are many possible problems with DNA extracted from plate lysates.

: Robert

$$$ Hello Robert,
                  How're you doin'? (sorry it is not a chatboard!)
JUST to add to the Mario's question: lambda liquid lysates are generally
difficult to make, i.e. require careful adjustment of phage to host ratio
to maximize the yield. I would recommend PCR amplification of an insert
provided flanking primers for EMBL3 vector are availabile. Good luck!

Mart (in Estonia)