Cloning Stu I and Sma I fragments

Karthi Ramachandran karthi at deakin.edu.au
Wed May 21 12:58:53 EST 1997

In article <5m00b1$1ms at taurus.adnc.com>,  (Jose Gonzales) wrote:
Hi,
I remember reading in this newsgroup a while ago that Sma I sometimes has a
contaminating exonuclease that chews off a base from the cut end...You may be
able to find the thread if you search the archives

Hope this helps.

>Hello all!
>
>I've been having trouble trying to clone a ~350 bp Sma I fragment into
>a Stu I site of a hGH expression plasmid. Does anyone have any
>experience using these particular enzymes?. Both are blunt cutters, by
>the way, but I've had successful clonings in the past with blunts...
>
>Any help would be appreciated!
>
>Jose E. N. Gonzales
>
>Note: e-mail address is josegonz at imnr.com

Karthi. R
Karthikeyan Ramachandran Ph.D
Research Fellow, Rm. No. SA136
School of Biological and Chemical Sciences
Faculty of Science and Technology	Phone (Off)  61 (3) 5227 1406
Deakin University			Phone (Res) 61 (3) 5241 9806
Geelong, Victoria			Fax              61 (3) 5227 2022
Australia 3217				e-mail karthi at deakin.edu.au
Home page				http://www.deakin.edu.au/~karthi/