Q : do common delta(lacZ) constructs also have lacI deletions?

Greg Stuart gstuart at uvic.ca
Fri May 23 02:24:30 EST 1997

Does anyone know if the common lacZ deletions, e.g. del(argF-lac)U169,
del(YZA), del(lac-proAB) include the lacI gene?

 I am interested in having  alpha-complementation being established by
having the host cells provide the omega-LacZ fragment (from
lacZdeltaM15), with the alpha-LacZ fragment being provided from my
incoming phage. The alpha-LacZ fragment is linked to the lacI gene,
which is my target for mutational analysis. I don't want my data
complicated due to interactions of mutated incoming lacI protein
interacting with endogenous, wild-type repressor protein.

Has anyone ever sequenced the lac region in these strains (e.g.,
DH5alpha-MCR)? Is this information  available somewhere? While I'm at
it, is the sequence information for lacIq-lacZdeltaM15 also available?

Thanks, Greg :)
Greg Stuart    gstuart at uvic.ca
Centre for Environmental Health .   .*#*.            .*#*.   .*#*.
Department of Biology    * | | | * | | | *        * | | | * | | | *
University of Victoria * | | | *   * | | | *    * | | | *   * | | | *
Canada. V8W 3N5.
Tel (250) 472-4067, Fax(250) 472-4075
http://darwin.ceh.uvic.ca/students/gstuart/