IRES-cre

Przemko Tylzanowski przemko at sgi.celgen.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon May 26 11:02:42 EST 1997

Xiaoxi Zhuang wrote:
> I want to use IRES-cre in a knock-in strategy, but I don't know the
> relative expression level from the two coding sequences as compared to the

Hi!
Wethought of the same. We have some vectors that have
IRES-something-or-other casettes. The problem that we have discovered
was that IRES is not all that efficient. It works but not well enough
for floxing (at least in my hands). So we changed the strategy to become
IRES-independent. We also stopped making baroque vectors...

Przemko