reverse/complement program

Marieke R. Koedood Zhao rkoedood at bio.bu.edu
Tue May 27 11:04:27 EST 1997

We use DNA Strider. Not as versatlie as GCG, but LOT easier to work
with. Also makes nice printouts of enzyme sites in sequences.

Marieke

Bernhard Mayr (ndxdbmay at rrzn-serv.de) wrote:
: C.S. Wilding wrote:
: > =

: > Does anyone know of a source for a simple PC program that
: > will reverse and/or complement a nucleotide sequence. At the
: > moment I am having to import/export to/from the GCG programs
: > to do this which is quite laborious. If anyone also knows of
: > a program to convert to AA sequence without needing to go to
: > GCG that would be great too.
: > Thanks,
: > Craig.

: I use a self written MAcro for WinWord 6.0 (german version), here's the
: listing:

: Sub MAIN
: On Error Goto ende
: seq$ =3D Markierung$()
: seqlen =3D Len(seq$)

: ZeichenRechts 1
: Einf=FCgenAbsatz
: Einf=FCgen "complement: "
: For I =3D 1 To seqlen
: basei$ =3D Mid$(seq$, seqlen + 1 - i, 1)
: Select Case basei$
: 	Case "a", "A"
: 		Einf=FCgen "T"
: 	Case "t", "T"