help for my 5' RACE PCR!! Please!

Shelley Cole scole at DARWIN.SFBR.ORG
Wed May 28 12:35:57 EST 1997

Dear Qunfeng,

Do you need a full-length cDNA clone?  Otherwise, could you use sequence
information that you might already have, or could get from sequencing the
cDNA fragment that you have amplified with internal primers, to design a
reverse primer much closer to the 5' end?
You might also try using your internal reverse primer as a nested reverse
primer for your PCR, instead of the RT primer.  Your RT primer might have
primed some non-specific cDNAs in the RT reaction, which would be shorter
and preferentially amplify in the PCR reaction.

Shelley

Shelley Cole, Ph.D.
SW Foundation for Biomedical Research
San Antonio, TX